We meet in the Ski Chalet to connect mind and body through a gentle fascial flow movement routine. You will learn to re-activate your primary breathing muscles and shift your mental state away from the chronic (dis)stress of life into a relaxed and focused flow state. Using your breath, you will ignite your inner fire and prepare yourself for the icy plunge in the mountain top lake! You will have the option to hike up the mountain or take a chair lift to the top. After our cold plunge you will learn to heat yourself up from the inside with gently movement.
Stuff to bring
For our hike and for the cold dip you will need:
- Comfy, loose-fitting clothes (you won’t be able to put on tight clothes such as yoga pants with frozen hands and feet)
- Layer up! Be the onion: Underlayer, outer layers, waterproof/windbreaker layers if it rains or snows. Better to be overdressed, than underdressed
- Winter boots, hat, scarf or wind guards, mittens
- Best materials to keep you warm: wool, fleece
- Bathing suit and towel, water shoes optional, large poncho towels are great for changing in
- Water bottle or thermos with warm drinks
- A daypack/rucksack to carry your gear up the mountain.
We will be warm and cozy inside the ski chalet. For the indoor part of this event you will need:
- Exercise clothes to move in
- Yoga mat
- Warm layers like a sweater (you can get chilly doing breathwork)
- Water bottle
- Light snack
Over time, we humans have developed a different attitude towards nature and we’ve forgotten about our inner power: this is the ability of our body to adapt to extreme temperatures and survive within our natural environment. The Wim Hof Method is based on this principle.
Because we wear clothes and artificially control the temperatures at home and at work, we’ve greatly reduced the natural stimulation of our bodies, giving up the age-old mechanisms related to our survival, basic health and functioning. Because these deeper physiological layers are no longer triggered, our bodies are no longer in touch with this inner power. BUT this inner power is a force that can be reawakened by stimulating these physiological processes through the Wim Hof Method.
Your guide, Steve Beattie, trained with Wim Hof in Toronto, California, and Australia to become a certified Wim Hof Method Level II Instructor.
Start learning the Wim Hof Method today and start your journey to a happier, healthier and stronger you. Upon completion of the workshop, you will have all of the tools you need to receive the scientifically proven health benefits of the Wim Hof Method. Your training will include only a short lecture, with the majority of the day devoted to experiential learning so that you can develop your own practice.